Welcome back for another week of meal prep! For this week, Boo Boo and I worked together to make the following:
- For dinner this week, he made baked chicken wings, cabbage, and corn muffins. I made black-eyed peas.
- For lunches this week, I made chicken sausages with a side salad and piece of French bread.
- For breakfast, Boo Boo made a protein-packed fruit smoothie mix.
Boo Boo and I are busy people, and we ended up basically repeating much of what we did last week with just a few twists.
- For breakfast, we had chicken sausage with low-fat mozzarella and mixed fruit.
- For lunch, we had wraps made up of sliced turkey and chicken with a side of SunChips.
- For dinner, we had shrimp and turkey philly wraps. Continue reading
For this week, Boo Boo and I made the following:
- For breakfast, we had chicken sausage, low-fat mozzarella cheese, and fruit.
- For lunch, we had chicken salad wraps with a side of Sun Chips.
- For dinner we had broiled salmon with a side of quinoa and seafood veggie boil.
This is a late post, but I wanted to make sure I got this out here to continue to show my meal prep. I’ve been trying to be more on the ball when it comes to meal prep Continue reading
For this week, I made baked tilapia with a blue cheese and parmesan crust, with a side of vegetable bruschetta and quinoa.
To help jump-start my weight loss, I’m going back to basics….when I was first out of surgery, I was super dedicated to doing my weekly meal prep. I was good at it for several months. And then life stepped in, and I started to slack off. Continue reading
I loooove soul food, but it’s not exactly the healthiest cuisine…so when I found a healthier way to prepare my world-famous mac n’ cheese (to go with my black eye-peas and greens for the New Year) I jumped all over it. Continue reading
So….lots has transpired over the past few weeks. I’ve started a relationship with a really wonderful guy. Big, macho, brawny Alpha male. Solid, strong, handsome, and walks with a confident swagger. A real guy’s guy. The kind of guy that you probably imagine eating a juicy steak and potatoes with an ice cold beer while shouting at the football game on the big screen…a pretty big difference from the “salad and water” diet that many imagine you have to eat to lose weight, especially as a bariatric post-op. Luckily, he was open to trying some of the meals I’ve made and actually like them and felt satisfied. His open-mindedness has helped encouraged me to stay focused on one of the major objectives of my blog – to present my audience with a variety of foods that are not only healthy, but taste great. Continue reading
I’m a little late with this week’s post and was really short on food prep time, so I decided to go easy and make a chicken crust pizza, accompanied with a salad. I also had some leftovers from Olive Garden, and want to show you my choices. Continue reading